Stepping Up to Staffing and Supervision
Simpsonwood Conference and Retreat Center
, Norcross, Georgia
Seminar is full - please contact Tiffani Berry at 800-486-1318 ext. 247 to have your name added to the wait list
SAVE $100 -- TUITION REDUCED TO $449 ($399 MEMBERS)
(ROOM AND MEALS ADDITIONAL)
"No one ever taught me how to do this!"
This seminar led by Susan Beaumont, Alban Senior Consultant, is
for the pastoral leader who is stepping up into a supervisory role for the first time, or for the long time supervisor who wants to revisit best practices.
Supervising the work of others requires learning new skill sets. No one is born knowing them, and yet supervisory skills are seldom learned during professional formation.
Participants in this seminar will learn the basics of managing and leading the work of other staff team members -- supervision as performance management.
Topics to be covered include;
- The difference between covenantal and employment relationships
- Choosing the right staff team through behavioral based hiring
- Setting performance expectations and writing a job description
- Providing effective feedback and conducting performance appraisal
- Adopting a supervisory style
- Dealing with chronic under-performance
- Learning how to let employees go
- Building a performance management system that enhances the overall performance of the staff team
Each seminar participant will complete a DISC Profile -- a temperament style self assessment -- and will explore the ways in which temperament impacts the work of supervision.
All participants will also receive a copy of the book, When Moses Meets Aaron: Staffing and Supervision in the Large Congregation.
About Susan Beaumont
Prior to joining the Alban Institute,
spent ten years consulting with congregations, nonprofit organizations, and corporate clients. Her specialties include change management, leadership development, and conflict management. Susan has taught graduate and undergraduate classes in leadership, communication, and organizational behavior. She is an ordained minister in the American Baptist Churches, USA.
Mail-in Registration Form
Course Status: Full
($449.00 for nonmembers)
Lodging & Meals:
(3 days, 2 nights)
Meals Only: $55.00
Early-Bird Discount: $35.00
Early-Bird Cut-Off Date: